As the industry emerges from the restrictions of the pandemic, SuperCorr Expo, held in Orlando, Florida from August 9-12, will be one of the first, major in-person events for the corrugated packaging-focused industry. Here, Henkel will be presenting its latest innovations for the safe, efficient and sustainable production of paper and board products.
The expo is the ideal forum for Henkel to launch its new Aquence Halo product family – solutions that replace standard powdered borax to improve safety and efficiency in corrugating starch operations. As a global leader in adhesives and coatings, Henkel will also be showcasing its Velocity resins, and high performance aeration technologies.
“We are truly thrilled to be safely back at SuperCorr,” said Gary Rzonca, Vice President, Packaging Adhesives North America. “We are looking forward to discussing our latest innovations and technologies and to seeing our partners in person again.”
Introducing the Aquence Halo product family
Henkel’s new Halo product line provides an answer to the challenges inherent in powdered borax additives required for corrugating. Using powdered borax is not only labor intensive, but also an operator safety concern – with risks including the inhalation of borax dust and lifting of heavy bags to load hoppers – and prone to dispensing inaccuracies.
The Aquence Halo product line of corrugating additives offers a viable alternative to standard powdered borax, with some products including a rheology modifier to reduce starch consumption. “The new corrugating additives provide trusted performance and improve operating efficiency,” said Mark Mitchell, Senior Manager Technical Customer Service, Henkel Paper Solutions North America. “Our Halo line increases worker safety while reducing downtime on corrugated production lines, which improves productivity and reduces cost.”
• Operator safety – no lifting, cutting bags, climbing to load hoppers, inhalation of borax dust, or slip hazards from powder spills
• Dosing accuracy – consistent viscosity and gel point assures starch placement
• Clean machining – reduced slinging so there’s less clean up: the starch goes on the flute tip and not on the machine, floor, etc.
• Production efficiency – less monitoring and downtime gives operators time to complete more value-added tasks
New generation laminating technology
Aerated adhesive solution for paper lamination Henkel’s aeration technology has been used successfully for more than two decades on six continents. Aerated adhesives typically deliver between 10-30% adhesive reduction, with higher reductions possible. Henkel’s exclusive technology and aeration units are continually improving, and Henkel will showcase its next generation solutions at SuperCorr Expo.
Aquence adhesive aeration technology from Henkel enables packaging converters to exceed today’s limits in lay-flat property, board aesthetics, and conditioning times.
“The high performing adhesive solution also reduces waste and emissions, while ensuring maximum standards in food safety, which is our highest priority,” said Mitchell.
Performance additives for corrugators
Henkel will also present a portfolio of high-performance additives designed to help corrugators achieve optimal performance characteristics and smooth, efficient operations. These include:
• Aquence Velocity – liquid performance additives that deliver improved corrugator speeds (up to 20%, dependent on situation), improved bond strength and reduced starch slinging for clean machining and easy clean up.
• Aquence Dacrez HP – Corrugating water-resistant resins
• Aquence Ultra-Guard HP – A premium product for the ultimate water resistance with 62% active solids
To learn more, please visit https://www.henkel-adhesives.com