Baralan’s new sustainable series utilizes biopolymer material for fully recyclable cosmetic and beauty product packaging.
Baralan, a consolidated player in primary packaging for the cosmetics and beauty industries, has introduced its Biobased Packaging Series for skincare, fragrance, and makeup products. All are variations of Baralan’s current product offerings but produced with a biopolymer derived from renewable resources and natural materials not linked to the food chain, exemplifying Baralan’s commitment to sustainability.
Baralan can use this biopolymer as an eco-friendly alternative to synthetic polymers. The company can produce certain standard items with injection molding technology by combining the processing capabilities of thermoplastic materials with the properties of renewable resources and natural materials. The biopolymer is made by combining natural fibers and waste from a specific manufacturing process, ensuring full recyclability.
The sustainable development of these products is linked to a circular economy notion that considers quality and aesthetics, satisfying both design and functionality needs while ensuring better conditions for products life cycle. All products in Baralan’s new biobased series are the result of the choice to reduce the use of synthetic components and to increase reuse of materials deriving from industrial waste and production processes to ease the product recycling process.
This new biobased series presents products that have flexible applications in manufacturing, allowing the use of existing molds and equipment. Baralan has and continues to perform positive mechanical tests and testing compatible coloring elements and/or decorations.
Baralan’s new biobased series is intended for:
- (fragrance and essential oil applications) with three biobased caps (Fran 13, Olimpia 13, and Olimpia Alta 13) with a bio-Housing GPI 13/415 and GPI special for roll-on, that combined with the glass roll-on ball creates a full eco-friendly roll-on set.
- (skincare and makeup applications) with three biobased Malang caps in GPI 40/400, GPI 48/400 and GPI 53/400.
- (skincare and makeup applications) with the biobased Colt Jar 15.
- (fragrance, skincare, and makeup applications) with the biobased overcap Mauritius Slim GPI 18/415 to be combined with glass bottles of any capacity.
- with the biobased cap Mary Smooth 13 GPI 13/415 compatible with any glass bottles with the same neck size and all available accessories.
“Our Biobased Packaging Series of sustainable packagingis an exciting, transformational development for Baralan,” said Maurizio Ficcadenti, Global R&D Manager at Baralan. “Our ability to design beautiful, functional packaging for our customers that is also renewably sourced represents a major step in reducing our environment impact and creating positive societal outcomes. We look forward to incorporating biopolymers into even more product developments in the future.”
For more information go to www.baralan.com.